PPS Pro Root tabs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ever tried making root tabs with GLA PPS dry ferts ? Was just wondering if I mixed the dry ingredients according to the normal instructions, then put that powder into a gel cap instead of mixing with water. Might be too concentrated and burn the root system ??

When you're bored and trying to kill the last hour at work, you're mind wanders to some strange places, and this is such a time !

Jim

I've made root tabs with my PPS pro ferts. I didn't use the same recipe and I added clay powder. I can post the recipe tomorrow if you'd like.

This is what I use.
1c CSM+B
1/4c KNO3
2T KH2PO4
1T K2SO4
1c Clay powder

Step 1- Mix ingredients together
Step 2- Add a little bit of water and stir. If there's enough water it will turn into clay. Now you can either flatten it out and cut it to the size you want or take little pieces out of it, roll it into a ball and flatten it.

Exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get here !! One question, does the 'c' stand for cup ? 1 Cup of CSM+B ? Seems like a lot in comparison to the other ingredients . Thanks for the recipe !! I love this place !! :O)

Glad I can help. Yes, the c stands for a cup. It does seem a lot when compared to the other ingredients but it works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom