Prawn goby or chocolate chip starfish may have to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jth3f

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55gal tank w 25 lbs live rock, live sand, percula clown, bar goby, prawn goby, green serpent starfish, and a chocolate chip star fish. The Prawn Goby (most recently added) eats the substrate then spits it back out, and i did see it nipping at some algea on the gorgonian, but here is the problem, the gorgonian keeps being tipped over and my plate coral frag keeps getting mashed against the rock no matter where i put it on the sand. and i always see the cc starfish on top of the gorgonian and my button polyps. is the star fish eating them or just moving across them. and i never see it happen but im assuming the prawn goby is moving the coral because that never happened before...any ideas? also is a yellow watchman goby reef safe becasue i saw it eat 3 feeder guppies almost the size of my clown!!!would it be safe because the clown always stays at the top? wow thats a lot of stuff to ask!!!

The CC star is not coral safe. He will eat your corals. If I had to get rid of one I would get rid of the CC star. He is dangerous to your reef.

yea the choco chip eats corals, especially softies.. you might want to get rid of the green serpent star too...they are voracious eaters and they will eat your fish if they can catch them. I had one get about 8 inches across spread out flat and he ate my clown goby and one of my false percs...and my spiny brittle star..they are probably the most no reef safe-reef safe stars, I named mine the krackin...

Back
Top Bottom