PraziPro issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sunday afternoon I did a 50% water change then dosed the tank with the recommended dose. Tonight I'm feeding and one of my angels is hovering at the surface, not eating. This is the fish I've had the longest and has been very healthy and active up until tonight. My cardinals, loaches and SAE's, as well as my other angel are perfectly fine. I'm at a loss. No new fish at all in over a year. Period. It's got to be the PraziPro! Any one with a similar situation? What tha??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Were you treating for something or new fish? It's rare to hear of issues with it so out of interest.
My other angel had some sort of protrusion near his belly many months ago and it appeared to have been some sort of parasite. I treated the tank and he seems fine, except I never see him eat anymore! Ever! I thought he was a goner, but he's still with me and otherwise seems perfectly fine. Like I said this happened nearly a year ago. So I thought maybe I should treat with something different just in case, then this happened. May be a coincidence, but I'm at a loss. The angel that is acting sick now has never had an issue, nor have any of the other fish in the tank. No other outward signs of anything.

Unbelievable. I think I've found the culprit. I just caught my supposedly SAE trying to eat my angel!!! I see obvious signs of injury to his scales. I could cry!!! My lfs owner promised me they were SAE's instead of CAE's when I bought them a year ago. They were so small I just took her word for it. Here's a pic. See the damage?? It's like it peeled the slime layer off. Will he heal?? What can I do?? I've got to ID that fish.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457561948.917289.jpg

Is it possible that there is another disease that could cause something like that? I just noticed the angel pictured has a cloudy eye on one side. This makes no sense. Here's the closest pic of the algae eater. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457562692.580512.jpg

Not a CAE.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Yeah, not a flying fox either. It's an SAE. My angel died. No telling what happened.

Back
Top Bottom