Pregnant platy & buried alive ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cluckyholiday

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I fear I have buried alive one of my ghost shrimp when adding some more sand to my tank (carefully and close to the bottom) as one has gone missing and doesn't appear if I move any decor. I will add pic of tank for ref.
If I have...I dont fancy stirring up the sand etc and causing chaos to find the body....will it just rot away? Or perhaps my cories find it? Or will it release harmful things or chance of disease in the tank?

Also can anyone tell if my little platy is pregnant or chubby?

Thanks! 20160922_174548.jpg20160922_182719.jpg

Keep en eye on your water parameters, but a ghost shrimp isn't really big enough to wreak havoc on your tank if it dies and decays. It was more likely eaten though if it disappeared.
Your platy is indeed gravid. If you have a female platy, you can pretty much be assured it has little ones developing in it. They are quite prolific!

Thank you :) the little guy appeared today and is hiding in the plants...I guess he was scared or maybe shed so feeling vulnerable and hiding so well!
I look out for babies but I'd imagine they won't last too long....may invest in some live plants or Moss ball for future x

Back
Top Bottom