pressurized co2, ph controller.. questions help plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmoney87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,

I just got my milwak reg and ph controller in the mail today, also went and picked up a 10lb co2 tank.. now I got it all setup and running (i think it is)

first I want to say, the instructions for calibrating the ph controller told me to dip the tip in ph 4.0 solution which I did not get, however they gave me two bottles of ph 7.1 buffer.. as listed on the package it does not say you get any ph 4.0 solution.. is this irrealavent?

Ok so I went ahead with calibrating with the 7.0, and left out the 4.0 all together. I got everything hooked up. Now what im wondering is..

a) my ph controller says the alarm is triggered because my setpoint is between 6.5 - 7 and according to the screen my ph is 7.4. Now would that mean there should be no co2 being pumped into the aquarium? because i can still see bubbles in the bubble counter.

b) second, what is a good bubble rate? right now its at a bubble a second :S

ok I think thats all my questions for now.

thanks,

davE

You're probably ok just calibrating at 7.0 and not 4.0.

With your alarm set at 6.5, you will continue to add bubbles until it gets that low. As you continue your pH should continue to drop.

is that what you're targeting, 6.5?

What size is your tank? 1bps might be a bit slow if it's a larger tank. I run 4-5bps on my 125g and 1.5-2bps on my 20g.

You're probably ok just calibrating at 7.0 and not 4.0.

With your alarm set at 6.5, you will continue to add bubbles until it gets that low. As you continue your pH should continue to drop.

is that what you're targeting, 6.5?

What size is your tank? 1bps might be a bit slow if it's a larger tank. I run 4-5bps on my 125g and 1.5-2bps on my 20g.

Hmm, ok I got it now.. my targeting is set at 7.1 ph right now.. since my alarm has shutoff.. my tank which is 75 gallons does have fish in it so i didnt want to drop it too quick to fast.. and I did put the bps a little higher to about 3bps

thanks neilanh

-davE

Back
Top Bottom