Prime & Readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I tested my tank with API Master Test Kit and AM was 1.0ppm, I then did a 50% WC added my prime waited 2 hours still tested at 1ppm. Will Prime give false readings? Also has anyone used 'Nutrafin CYCLE' is it any good? I know most people dont care for additives, but could it help?

I don't know if the prime will give you a false reading.
Regarding the nutrafin, I used before and did nothing for me, I don't think that those products who claim live bacteria are a hit and miss.

ejaramillo01 said:
I don't know if the prime will give you a false reading.
Regarding the nutrafin, I used before and did nothing for me, I don't think that those products who claim live bacteria are a hit and miss.

At this point I'm ready to try hit and miss. **** them Petsmart flunkies.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

If you're going to buy a cycling product, your best bet is to make sure that if it's on the shelf that it's not supposed to be refridgerated, and to check for a manufacture or expiry date.

Edit: have you tested your tapwater to make sure it's not coming from that?

Deep Seven said:
If you're going to buy a cycling product, your best bet is to make sure that if it's on the shelf that it's not supposed to be refridgerated, and to check for a manufacture or expiry date.

I went to LFS and found a bottle dated 0212. Brand new batch I called nutrafin and that was there latest batch. I may be in luck.

Deep Seven said:

Addition: my tap has 0 ammonia. I need more bacteria. I thought I had cycled I guess I just stalled.

Understood about the hit and miss.
In that case let me share these products from Microlift laboratory that I heard are good:

Special Blend ( not refrigerated blend of bacterias )
Nite Out II (another mix of non refrigerated bacterias)

Both can be found at Petco, check also their website.

Back
Top Bottom