Problem #2 bubble nest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benandjon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Also!!!

Came home and found this... Is it a gourami bubble nest? What do I do? How do I know if there are eggs?! As the picture shows it could clearly do with a clean but am unsure if I can because of the nest?!

Attachments

• image-878650298.jpg
    image-878650298.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1620226581.jpg
    image-1620226581.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 91
Also!!!

Came home and found this... Is it a gourami bubble nest? What do I do? How do I know if there are eggs?! As the picture shows it could clearly do with a clean but am unsure if I can because of the nest?!

That definitley looks like the nest of an Anabantid fish (all gouramis, bettas, paradise fish) but the real question is: Do you have both males and females in the tank? You only need males to have a nest in a tank. Females are just for supplying the eggs. (Sorry N.O.W. members, blame the fish for this, not me. :flowers:)
Next question, do you want to raise the fry? If you don't go about your business of cleaning and such. If you do, you'll need to learn how to culture infusoria for the fry.

If this is in a community tank, the chances of the fry surviving are low or at least in any quantity as the other fish will eat them when they can.

As for eggs, if you don't see the male under the nest guarding any eggs, there are no eggs yet. Anabantids will build their nests first then try to attract a female to it. Just because he tries doesn't mean he will succeed :brows:

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom