Problem With Niger!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
All my fish are peaceful and my mother went out bought me a fish she said she liked when i came back it was a baby niger fish it is so hard to grab this fish is there any way u guys use to get fish out some traps or tech?

Really i have alot of rocks in there he hides at night they all do he is dark blus real dark i dont think i will work do u turn on the light?

And you have this trigger in your 55G tank? Not a very good tank size for a type of fish that gets to be about a foot. Also, i would suggest moving rocks around to get to him. If you can't get him out at all, even at night when he's most vulnerable, then clearly there's no other alternative to getting him out. Never heard of a fish trap either.. maybe lure him out with food and then have a net ready, and when he comes to the food, just bag him.

ou have to be careful with Triggers because they use their dorsal fin to wedge themselves in the rocks when they sleep.

And you have this trigger in your 55G tank? Not a very good tank size for a type of fish that gets to be about a foot. Also, i would suggest moving rocks around to get to him. If you can't get him out at all, even at night when he's most vulnerable, then clearly there's no other alternative to getting him out. Never heard of a fish trap either.. maybe lure him out with food and then have a net ready, and when he comes to the food, just bag him.
I have a 135 gallon tank i finally gat him just like you told me

Oh alright, did not know you had a 135. My bad. Well i'm still glad you were able to get him out. What are you going to do with him? Did you want to keep him and QT him first.. ? Or you just wanted to get rid of it?

Back
Top Bottom