Problems with silicone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I have started my first try on planted aquariums. It's with a 5 gallon aquarium and everything is going pretty good. I have an intank-filter (hang on the side). It looks kind of bulky and lame and such. It's for a 10 gallon tank also, it just looks bad. So I thought I would make my own mini canister filter. Everything seems to be doing good, except the silicone won't stay stuck. I wiped down every so there would be no water or dirt or anything. I let it sit for like almost a week. And it just comes on done. I am using Silicone II Window&Door. 100% Silicone Sealant. When I learned how to do the mini canister filter, it said to use this.

Can someone help me out?

Silicone isn't a 'glue'. What material are you trying to bond? If acrylic, get some Weld-On.
FWIW, I used GE Silicone I on my sump baffles.

I put the tubing into a hole on the plastic container, then silicone around that. I put another tubing around the hole on my submerisable pump, where the water shoots out, and try to silicone around that.

Back
Top Bottom