Project Cube Cancelled.. Going nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone,

I just posted earlier this week about my intentions for an Anemone/clown show tank, however I have had a change of heart. As cool as it may be, I just don't feel ready to do it. Sooooo im going JBJ instead. My plan is to have a goby/pistol tank. I am circulating the nano through my 120G system (I know... I know, that is cheating and im not a true nano man) but the stability:cost for doing it is way worth it for right now. Anyhow, anyone out there have a pistol/goby pair going? If so what species have you been succesful with, do you recommed any literature, and what are you using for substrate... Whew.. okay im done. Thanks everyone.

I have a yellow goby that has blue spots. I acutally have a pair. And a tiger pistol shrimp.

The substrage should be a mix of sand and crushed coral. You can do a 100% sand substrate if you want or mix the CC and sand so its in a 90/10 mix of sand and CC.

Be aware that the pistol may not be as public a show as you want. I can tell you I see a quick glimpse of mine every few weeks. Of course I dont stare at my tank daily either.

I just got a pistol shrimp for my yellow watchman a couple of weeks ago and they paired off the first night. I see them quite a bit. The pistol spends his time moving sand like a bull-doser and the goby brings him food. Very cool. I have 100% LS substrate.

Back
Top Bottom