Prolific Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to breed the Tilipias way back in the early 70's, long before they were considered foodfish around the states. Those fish are much smarter than guppies for sure. Think they could even beat Oscars for brain power.

Its funny that I run into your post today, After spending a rather frustrating morning yesterday wreaking havoc in my tank. trying to fish out about 40 or so fry I have in there. My kribbs are almost driving me nuts, they seem to spawn about every 2 months 30-50 fry at a time. this is the 3rd time they do this.

Try guppies. I just got another batch of 300 in the 150g. Try getting all of 'em out of that <grin>!

Try guppies. I just got another batch of 300 in the 150g. Try getting all of 'em out of that <grin>!

throw a pair of hungry oscars in there ...that will get em out jejejej

I picked up some juvenile yellow labs from a friend and didn't think much of them (about 15 of them in a 20g) until one day I noticed, not one but 2 of the females holding. They didn't even appear mature enough to be holding. Anyways, since then, the juvies have all since gotten bigger and there were just way too many labs for the 20g ... so I started taking the bigger labs out and putting them in my 55g. I'm sure you can guess ... the larger fish were almost all males ... so I ended up with all females in the 20g (except the one nice looking male that I left in). I typically have 3 females holding ... usually all at the same time (each holding around 10 fry). Then they take a week or 2 off and then all 3 are holding again. The weird thing is ... I'm fairly certain the other 5 or 8 fish in there are also females, but they never hold.

Anyways, I've had all kinds of fun trying to figure out whether stripping the females or letting them hold til they spit is better.

i have honduran red points that seem to breed endlessly.. they are similar to convicts but imo alot nicer and less agressive.. hopefully the 6 panamesis im growing out will do the same.

i also have a pair of angels that breed at least every 2-3 weeks for about 4 months at a time then take about 2 months break b4 they start back up again..

Back
Top Bottom