Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orion5221

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, Just want to make sure that I am adjusting and using the skimmer correctly. I have the BakPak2, and have been emptying out alittle bit of water everyday( it does not seem that gross) The fine bubbles are traveling up, and all that good stuff.... how should I be adjusting the flow of bubbles? The instructions just tell you how to hook it up and I am feeling like I am missing something here.....

bubbling away on long island.........

From the CPR website

6) The quality of foam in the collection cup can be adjusted by sliding the “O” ring up or down. If the foam is too wet, raise the collection cup up by sliding the “O” ring down until the desired wetness is achieved. The base of the collection funnel should be 1/8” below the water surface for optimal performance, but can be adjusted down from this point if the foam is too dry (little to no liquid present) or up if the foam is too wet (clear liquid only in collection cup).

7) We have added an air control valve on your new Cyclone Bak-Pak 2sm. This valve will allow you to control the amount of air being drawn into the powerhead. We recommend initially opening the valve completely for maximum air flow into the skimmer. If it does not appear that the skimmer column is filled with bubbles, slowly close the valve until the column is full.

Hope that helps.........

Thanks... got home today and it seems that it is leaking thru the clip that holds that air tube....
any advice????

Well, I am unfamiliar with that skimmer, I have ordered the CPR BAK-PAK 2Rsm and expect it next week, but it is not helping rigt now :oops: I would probably contact CPR and see wat they said. They might very well send you a replacement part free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom