protien skimmer for reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rngrjt

Aquarium Advice Regular
what brand and type would you guys recommend for a 55 gal reef tank with about 70 pounds of LR. I have heard a lot about seaclone both good and bad... any one got one they are in love with that is affordable and reliable that you would recommend?

I use the AquaC remora pro on my 55. It's a bit pricier than some but it's worth it IMO. I use seaclones on my smaller tanks and they do ok, but I want something with a bit more heart for my reef. The AquaC is extremely simple to use. You hang it on the tank and plug it in. No tweaking necessary. It's quiet as well so that's a plus.

I like my Corallife Super Skimmer (Needle). Cheap and efficient. The model rated for 125G would be good for ur tank.

Can you guys temm me more abotu your Remora's?

Any issues or problems? What is best to get? How much do they pull out of the water in a week? How often does the cup need to be emptied?

I haven't had any issues with my remora. (not the pro). I've made a small adjustment however because I wasn't getting exactly what I wanted. Now it's good.

I empty it once a week. I don't have a huge bioload, and feed every 2 days so it doesn't produce excessive skimmate.

Back
Top Bottom