Pseudochromis bully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Three days ago I bought a dottyback pseudochromis and ever simce my yellow tailed blue damsel has been 'hiding' at the very top of the tank in the corner. She just hovers there all day! I figure she is scared of/bullied by the pseudochromis (I had thought she'd be fine bc I know blue damsels can also be aggressive. Anybody else ever see this behavior? Will it stay this way forever?
I have a 29 gallon tank with 2 clowns, the damsel and pseudochromis and a coral banded shrimp....

It is possible the the Damsel is scared of the Dottyback, keep an eye on your tank and make sure your Dottyback isn't bothering your Damsel. Yellow-tail Blue Damsels are actually one of the least aggressive members of the Damsel family. Good luck! :) If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks
It has been 4 days now, the damsel is still hovering in the top corner of the tank, I definitely think she is scared (sometimes she briefly swims around in a small area of the tank, mostly at night). The bully pseudochromis has been seen swimming up to the damsel and nipping her tail. Any idea if this should get better or worse with time? Is my damsel going to live in that little corner forever?
I tried to catch the bully pseudochromis because I read to try floating her in a tupperware container for a few days, but I cant catch her!
Anybody have any suggestions....or know if the damsel is going to live up there forever?
Thanks for everyones help

Back
Top Bottom