Puget sound Area members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,Washingtonians everyone from Philly, Illinois have there buddy chatting going on. Thought I would get to talking about the great Northwest Nothing like living near the mountains and Ocean(don't have that in philly, Illinois thats for sure LOL) you could go skiing and drive 2hours for a ferry ride on the ocean. My Grandparents own a house in Port Orchard which is across the water from seattle. on the second story balcony you can see the seattle harbor space needle, Vashon island, Ferry traffic. Air-craft carriers, Tug-boats, its really nice. A couple years back I was riding the Ferry to go to Seattle and Saw something in the Ocean bobbing in and out. I think it was a dolphin or whale of some kind unsure. But really neat to see that. On the docks near Bremerton at Night I have seen schools of Jellyfish really cool. Also really cool that the Seattle aquarium has a display that is connected the the ocean water with Massive amounts of really large amazing fish. Anyway I am wanting to head that way to check out all of the great LFS around, I know there is SharkReef in Silverdale, BarrierReef in Renton, And Saltwater City in Bellevue. Are there any others??? Just saying whats up to the Washingtonian's here on the forum.

Last edited:
There is a few more around here. You might try A Place for Pets in Burian it's down by Seatac Airport. Then there is The Fish Store in the U district. I also like Blue Sierra they have a store in Bellvue and Isssaquah. I only have Freshwater tanks but all these stores handle both fresh and salt. Happy shopping!

Hello From Southern Puget Sound. I just joined and am excited to meet other Betta enthusiasts. I would love to learn all I can about breeding and showing. :D

Welcome to the site! I'm over in the North Kitsap region myself. I had fw tanks for a very long time....then decided to increase my frustration levels and shifted over to reef tanks.

Lots of great info on this site and the folks are very helpful and friendly too!

i'm in the Redmond area myself. just finishing up the plumping for my 100gal reef tank (can't wait to get it filled!). There is also Denny's Pet World in Kirkland. not a lot of equipment but they have a ok selection of fish.

Hey I was just in Denny's today talking with Jesse! We are really lucky here in the Pacific Northwest to have alot of great LFS. Have any of you attended a GSAS meeting? The next one is this coming Tuesday. They are also another great resource for just about anything you might want some info on.

Why it's the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society! This is a resource worth checking out! Just think, a room full of people crazy about fishkeeping. They meet the second Tuesday of every month except July and August.

ah....both fresh and saltwater folks? Now, the key question,......where do they meet? Somehow I don't think it's close to my neck of woods but I would be willing to travel a bit....especially for a coral hookup! LOL

Yes this is for both Fresh and Salt. They meet in Otto Miller Hall at Seattle Pacific University located at the intersection of 3rd Ave. West and West Nickerson in room 118. You should go to the website www.gsas.org There they have google directions and times along with some other info. The next meeting is this coming Tuesday May 12th I think it's at 7:00pm Maybe I will see you there?

Back
Top Bottom