Pulsing xenia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crystal A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this really a pulsing Xenia. It was labeled as such but I do notice that it dosent actually pulse! Just want to get some opinions. Thx

Attachments

• image-222967679.jpg
    image-222967679.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image-79680774.jpg
    image-79680774.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 119
Certainly looks like a pulsing Xenia. How long have you had it? I have similar sized Xenia and they only pulse a few times a day...

I've had it for a few days now. Was just curious what all the other reefers out there thought.

i have a silver tip xenia and it pulses a lot different than at the store. At the store was low to moderate flow and it barely moved but looked nice. In mine it is in moderate to high flow and it pulsates like a twister is coming through and its trying to not fly off the rocks, but its actually in the lowest flow on my tank, it looks awesome. It does that all day. I know some xenia wont pulse, paramaters/ph/flow all are considered factors. Try moving it around and see if it pulses more. Technically it pulses more in less flow but mine seems to pulse more in moderate flow

this was the first week i got it, since than i changed its location and it looks a lot more elegant and pretty, also a lot bigger. Takes too long to upload though the video though :/

I've got the same and as much as I like it for its pulses, I now class it as a pain in the ***, solely because I can't stop it from spreading, it's like wild fire !
I have it at different heights and in different flows,
I've even taken experimental frags and gave them away !
Hope yours picks up sion

Back
Top Bottom