Pump failure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dagon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi

My pump has failed and I can't get it going again. I know I should have a backup but it is new so thought I had time to get around to it. So a lesson learnt there. I'll have to get a new one tomorrow.

Anyhow, in the meantime, should I do a water change. I'm thinking yes, 15 - 20%.

The tank is planted (not very heavily though) and lightly stocked.

Any thoughts?

do you have a hob filter if so that will be enough to keep water circulated and oxygenated
till you get a replacement.

or if you don't have a hob take a clean glass fill it with tank water than dump it back in do this like 2 x every hour this will help keep water oxygenated till you get a replacement pump,
anyone local that maybe you could borrow one

do you have a hob filter if so that will be enough to keep water circulated and oxygenated
till you get a replacement.

or if you don't have a hob take a clean glass fill it with tank water than dump it back in do this like 2 x every hour this will help keep water oxygenated till you get a replacement pump,
anyone local that maybe you could borrow one

Thanks for the swift reply and the suggestion. I will try and keep the water moving as suggested- unfortunately it is bed time here.

Anyhow, things look all ok in the tank at the mo. Hopefully will still be the case tomorrow am.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom