Pump for Phosban 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone recommend a pump for the Phosban 150? they recommend one that does 350+ gph. I don't think the one I got is 350 gph, as the bioplastics don't tumble very well, and there's only about 1/4 cup in there.

If you have a sump with a return pump I would just plumb it off of the return line.

If you plumb it off your return then your just adding head loss. Bio pellets are heavy so they do need a strong pump to tumble them. Take into account head loss. I had bio pellets in my nano running up from the stand using a rio hyper flow 8hf which is 550gph and with head loss it barely tumbled the pellets. Its better to get a big boy pump and regulate it with a ball valve than getting one that is insufficient.

If you T off of return near the return pump u won't be adding much head loss. Well at least I didn't. 1" return line T off to .5" tube to reactor.

You mean in my sump? T

Yes. You will want the output going to your skimmer anyways. Assuming skimmer is in or near sump. Just put reactor under tank with the sump and T off your return line. Return pump is probably plenty big enough to push water to your display tank and power the reactor. I've gotten best flow with this route with little loss on flow to display.

Yes. You will want the output going to your skimmer anyways. Assuming skimmer is in or near sump. Just put reactor under tank with the sump and T off your return line. Return pump is probably plenty big enough to push water to your display tank and power the reactor. I've gotten best flow with this route with little loss on flow to display.

Ok to t it off and run the output of the reactor straight into the skimmer? The skimmer already has a pump on it. It is submersible and it is in the sump. However, my reactor is also in the sump. Maybe I should post some pics so I'm clear on what to do here.

Just run the the reactor's output to near the input of the skimmer's pump.
So to recap. Reactor input from sump return(T off) with reactor output near skimmer input.

On the BRS website, they suggest a pump for the Phosban reactor...though I think that it is currently out of stock. Just look at the GPH for the pump and find another one that matches. I am running the Rio that was the return pump for the sump on my 36 and it worked out well for my dual reactor. All pumps should have a ball valve on them so you can adjust it as you want.

Back
Top Bottom