Pumps and wave markers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanna buy new pumps and wave makes but I want good ones and I want to be able to add multiple amounts and ideas plz help

Go with ecotech vortech MP series I have a 55 gallon reef build and I went with 2 mp10s and I am blown away with them yes they r pricy but worth every cent you will spend I wont use another powerhead again

I was looking at the mp40 but I just can't understand the price but if there are that good then I might buy one and save for more but are they really that good??

You said in your post you wanted good ones. :) They are the best you can buy in my opinion.

But if youre looking for good and a reasonable price then I would look at koralia powerheads. :)

I want good built to last wanna use em on all my tanks to come

I use koralia's on all my tanks, haven't had an issue yet. :)

They don't come with fancy wave makers unless you get the variable flow ones.

I've not had any noise issues but they can be a bit large in size depending on which ones you buy. I currently have the 425's, the 750's and 1400's. :)

These have magnetic mounts as well as the suction cup and are totally adjustable as far as direction. I like these cause they don't fall off and onto the sand, lol, hasn't happened once.

They r a good pump but if u put them up to the MP they can't compare I did run them be for and I never had an issue and I ran them for years but I did just make the switch to the mp10s and in no way will I ever go back

Also I have seen people use both at the same time the mp40 for a wave and the others for added flow to direct towards dead or low flow areas to so its just all comes down to r u willing to hand over 400 bucks one one mp40

I use a pair of the magnum Korellia pumps (the largest, number 8's) on my 250 gallon reef on a power strip that turns one circuit on, then the other, back and forth. It create a simple surge in my tank that lasts 90 seconds. The power strip was under 50 bucks. The system makes no noise. These pumps are a great value.

Back
Top Bottom