purchasing plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not always can fish be with a Betta, male or female, though females may be more agreeable with other fish, It depends on their personality, even if they are in a well planted tank and with lots of room.

"I am planning to order from AquariumPlant soon, however, I am interested on the condition of the order that ScottyHorse should be getting from AP this week. I think AP is in SD and she is in the Pacific NW. Brrrr!!!"

I'm with you. I'm interested to see how her order comes out also!
Has anyone ordered. Madagascar Lace Plant (Broad Leaf) ??? I would absolutely love to get a coupled for my tank but I'v read they are fragile and like cooler temps?

Well i had planned to do my cycling completely fishless, but someone mentioned having a Betta would help the plants along. I really did not want anything aggressive so i am still unsure. Also, when it is time for me to add fish are fancy goldfish an ok option? I read that for my sized tank (60 gallons) i would want no more than three of them. Something about them being messy and destructive. What are your thoughts on that if i just get two fancy goldfish and what other non aggressive fish might go well? Again, i still do not even have water in my tank. Plants are my first goal, but i figure i can start contemplating my fish as well.

Update: just researched goldfish more. Does not sound like the way to go. Please advise on the best hardy community freshwater fish. Color is nice.

Well i had planned to do my cycling completely fishless, but someone mentioned having a Betta would help the plants along. I really did not want anything aggressive so i am still unsure. Also, when it is time for me to add fish are fancy goldfish an ok option? I read that for my sized tank (60 gallons) i would want no more than three of them. Something about them being messy and destructive. What are your thoughts on that if i just get two fancy goldfish and what other non aggressive fish might go well? Again, i still do not even have water in my tank. Plants are my first goal, but i figure i can start contemplating my fish as well.

Update: just researched goldfish more. Does not sound like the way to go. Please advise on the best hardy community freshwater fish. Color is nice.

Have you considered angelfish? They have beautiful shapes and when kept in an angelfish only tank they are beautiful and keep the aggression towards themselves..they are mild mannered (most of them) and are very peaceful to watch them glide through the water and have SO many different beautiful colors. My 60g planted is stocked with 7 angelfish. Go to my thread for more pics of them- I got mine from Mellow Aquatics | The Best Freshwater Angelfish For Sale - He has some awesome angels. Here is a pic of one of mine I still have

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
Lights

I know that this was mentioned a while ago about the lights but two $24 dollar zoo med flora sun t-8 fixtures have worked great for me. The plants are growing well and you save yourself a lot of unessansary cost. Good luck!(y)

Have you considered angelfish? They have beautiful shapes and when kept in an angelfish only tank they are beautiful and keep the aggression towards themselves..they are mild mannered (most of them) and are very peaceful to watch them glide through the water and have SO many different beautiful colors. My 60g planted is stocked with 7 angelfish. Go to my thread for more pics of them- I got mine from Mellow Aquatics | The Best Freshwater Angelfish For Sale - He has some awesome angels. Here is a pic of one of mine I still have

Really beautiful fish, what kind and color, it looks blue green?

Really beautiful fish, what kind and color, it looks blue green?

Yes the body is a green color with a bold black grid like pattern and the top fin is a mixture of blue, green, yellow and red and the back fin is white with a wavy black pattern, same goes for the bottom fin...it's a 'rainbow' angel! Here are some more of mine if you would like to see..they just woke up so that's why they are hanging out on the bottom lol.

"I am planning to order from AquariumPlant soon, however, I am interested on the condition of the order that ScottyHorse should be getting from AP this week. I think AP is in SD and she is in the Pacific NW. Brrrr!!!"

I'm with you. I'm interested to see how her order comes out also!
Has anyone ordered. Madagascar Lace Plant (Broad Leaf) ??? I would absolutely love to get a coupled for my tank but I'v read they are fragile and like cooler temps?

Phish I got a Madagascar Lace Plant from AP originally for the 220g. Didn't like how it was doing and moved it into one of the 55g Goldie tanks and it is doing much better and loving the cooler water. Don't get me wrong it grew in the big tank but it just seems to flourish in the cooler water tank.

Phish I got a Madagascar Lace Plant from AP originally for the 220g. Didn't like how it was doing and moved it into one of the 55g Goldie tanks and it is doing much better and loving the cooler water. Don't get me wrong it grew in the big tank but it just seems to flourish in the cooler water tank.

Thanks River, That's not going to work in a ram tank.

Back
Top Bottom