Purigen does it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just loss my recent shipment of RCS I believe to copper in my tap water.My LFS does not have a copper test so I have to travel to another fish store an hour away to have them test it. I do treat my tap with Prime but I guess it does not get rid of copper. I red Purigen in a filter does if it is true I will pick some up seeing the seller is being very nice and sending my 25 new RCS when I ask her too.

I also could use RO water but if I go that route what do I mix in it to make it fine for plants and RCS.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If your copper levels are too high for Prime, Seachem also makes Seachem. CupriSorb

If you want to do RO, mix a rinsed, measured amount of crushed oyster shells (huge bags available at feed stores for chickens) into a measured amount of RO, leave it a week, then test kH and gH and adjust from there so you can math out how much you'd need to get your whole tank to your target numbers. It sounds kind of OMG no, but once it's sorted out, it's easy to measure out for future changes. There's other stuff you can use, but crushed shells will address both kH and gH where most other options require more steps and are more expensive. :)

Back
Top Bottom