Purple live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie.636

Aquarium Advice Activist
This stuff is at my lfs. It's man made by owner of the store. Not sure if I like it or not. Like to know people's opinion on it?

Attachments

• image-1259820550.jpg
    image-1259820550.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 192
It's called real reef rock. Except yes it's not real rock. But I have it in my 34 gal with black sand and it looks great! My 75 gal has regular live rock and white sand and the corals don't pop as much (in my opinion) as they do in my smaller tank. I'd post a pic but the app hasn't been letting me. If you go to my photos you can see pics of both tanks. I have more corals in them now though.

I've got some of that in my tank. I like the look of it interspersed with other natural rocks. Plus, brings in the coralline immediately

I've got some of that in my tank. I like the look of it interspersed with other natural rocks. Plus, brings in the coralline immediately

This rock doesnt have corraline on it. The purple comes from a dye they use to make it purple. Im not saying it wont grow coralline on it if its seeded. I have 25lbs of it in my 75 gal and 70lbs of fiji and it looks great.

Not sure if I would trust dyed rock in a reef tank..potential of leaching who knows what in the water ..

Back
Top Bottom