Python extension?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Where can you buy a hose extension for a python? Mine is only 25' and I would like to make it longer. Is there any thing like that or do I need to buy a new(longer) one?

I would think any hardware store should have that tubing.

I know Home Depot/Lowes have the huge rolls of vinyl tubing that you can cut to length.

Or get a length of PVC, put a barb fitting on both ends and you can cut python tubing where you want and extend it(cats have more trouble biting through pvc as well :lol:). I have two lengths with a union in the middle so it breaks down easy but is still waterproof. That would be the cheapest route IMO and you can always use a piece of PVC around the house at some point.

Last edited:
I just checked both links. They are both out of stock. I guess I'll check eBay :) thank you.

Sparky74 said:
I would think any hardware store should have that tubing.

I know Home Depot/Lowes have the huge rolls of vinyl tubing that you can cut to length.

That's true but are they also selling the stuff to connect it to the existing hose?

You just need 2 barb couplings(and 2 clamps). Cut python tubing and insert barb coupling, put new tubing on other end and do same at other cut end.

2x

DsUQH5FvBwmwHRCQ8amBC0ky6qFxzV7p04KUm4SPqoOu1cxVQe0mQZ36_u_fmZVUUD_vn8kpdbD8CCc75JyySrPPdLw-gfh6EExzuBv94BUm49m2YY95TQFk12hD5qZvidz00CJNsrrpZnfr8ywUgr6cp1cTuG6V3NXiy9COwJ-pIbi5cZZnI1l_FaY

+
G1Emz_SXCbUO-bMd8-cv3oeH_aYNOtbcnrPzhjRcFhZ-kXugD34rQQ3ylAXIxAuCWTCNdQY95gRxf1yIiTgRk5Cmb3d1Nq_nXeFjjp-uh8zCV1pIb7zr4xb_4fOUQtfaGgAgApUp9lauMjtRAhbCcm9Su4wl

Probably very cheap depending on how much you need to extend.

Last edited:
Sparky74 said:
You just need 2 barb couplings(and 2 clamps). Cut python tubing and insert barb coupling, put new tubing on other end and do same at other cut end.

Probably very cheap depending on how much you need to extend.

That is very smart! Do you need a Clamp of some sort to secure the hose to the coupling?

That is very smart! Do you need a Clamp of some sort to secure the hose to the coupling?

If it is just suction, not really. But if you are using faucet pressure, I would. If you shut valve off on hose, it may pop off due to sudden increase in pressure. Clamps are cheap(and again good to have around the house).

Last edited:
Sparky74 said:
If it is just suction, not really. But if you are using faucet pressure, I would. If you shut valve off on hose, it may pop off due to sudden increase in pressure. Clamps are cheap(and again good to have around the house).

That makes sense.

I just use the python for refilling tanks. I'll buy 2 couplings and clamps. Thank you. You saved me some money :) (y)

Last edited:
You can get a water hose repair kit for like $1 that has the right threads and the same type coupler that the python system uses. I dont even use a python anymore. I just use the tubing, though I'm going to be getting 3/4" soon... drains much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom