Python/faucet attachment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.


Aquarium Advice Activist
Jun 7, 2006
I recently picked up a python and behold the sink faucet does not have threads on it. I was looking around at a hardware store today and couldnt really find anything to suffice. Is there some sort of adapter that would clamp to a faucet and have threads on the other end?

happy holidays
So there is no round part at the end of your faucet? If there is, unscrew that. I had a size issue but just took the faucet cap & python to the hardware store and was able to find an adapter.
Thanks...its my parents house so i wasnt sure but sure enough it screwed out.
The aerator as its called, usually is a female connection that unscrews from the faucet to allow the python pump to be attached. Sometimes the aerator is a male connection in which case you would need a nipple( a tube with male threads on each side. One side screws into the faucet, the other side into the python pump.
They sell the adapters at home depot. it is for a water bed filler but fits the python like a champ.
Top Bottom