Python q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been using buckets for PWC bc the connector for my python stripped out... Grrr anyways I've been adding ice to the buckets bc the water temp from tap is about 80 and tanks are around 76... what can I do when I start using my python again ?? How can I keep the temp from fluctuating ?? Sorry... I can be a little oblivious ???

The 4 degrees higher will not matter, a couple of degrees especially warmer will not hurt your fish. If you did a 50% change the net change would be two degrees which is a trifle. I just use a finger to test mine so I probably use water with a larger temperature variance than that all the time.

rich311k said:
The 4 degrees higher will not matter, a couple of degrees especially warmer will not hurt your fish. If you did a 50% change the net change would be two degrees which is a trifle. I just use a finger to test mine so I probably use water with a larger temperature variance than that all the time.

Lol that's so simple and true!! Haha I think I worry bc I've had ich outbreaks and I know temp can a factor... However I did get those fish from PetSmart.... I told my husband the other day come on we can't look at the fish here bc I will want one and I don't want to buy them from here lol

dollabill420 said:
The cold outta your tap is even 80? Never heard that before I wonder why, must suck to drink warm water all the time

It's cold for a min but I live in tx... However most of the time I rinse my buckets in hot water first so then the water kinda stays warm.... It's even like that at my families ...When I help my grandma with hers
I fill the bucket with cold water from the bath tub and it's 80

dollabill420 said:
The cold outta your tap is even 80? Never heard that before I wonder why, must suck to drink warm water all the time

Oh and I prefer to keep bottled water in the fridge but the 80 isn't anything some ice won't fix :)

Flossie said:
Oh and I prefer to keep bottled water in the fridge but the 80 isn't anything some ice won't fix :)

I wish mine was 80, out of the tap here even after running cold for 5min mine comes out at 84-88. But living in tucson, so I can't expect anything else lol.

GoneFishing said:
I wish mine was 80, out of the tap here even after running cold for 5min mine comes out at 84-88. But living in tucson, so I can't expect anything else lol.

Wow that's pretty hot. I live in Miami and mine comes out at like 78-80. Go figure.

HUKIT said:
Wow that's pretty interesting in the warmer climates, I'm on a private well and mines usually around 50-55 degrees in the summer.

That's wut I got (nova scotia) never thought of cold water ever being warm lol interesting though

Back
Top Bottom