python water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyb1425

Aquarium Advice Regular
When doing a water change with my python, do I have to add enough dechlorinator for the whole tank volume? I knew just how much to add when using three gallon buckets, but now do I have to treat the entire tank because there is no way to pre-treat the water?

The dechlor is really rated up to a certain amout of ppm by volume. If you're doing a 50% water change I think it's probably ok to just add for the amount you're changing. Personally I just add an amount equal to my total tank volume anyway.

It is best to add enough dechlor for the whole volume of the tank when refilling with a python. That is what python recommends and most folks around here do.

I treat for the entire volume of the tank when using the python. Some dechlorinators say to treat for the entire tank when adding non-dechlorinated water directly to the tank.

thanks for the help, I will go with the whole volume then.

yeah, I treat the whole volume...wish i could think of a better way...but the convenience is more than worth it...lol

I treat for the entire volume as well because:
1. With Prime, one cap is good for 50 gal
2. You can't really overdose
3. Dechlor is relatively cheap, so why skimp?
4. It just feels right! :p

Back
Top Bottom