Queens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I recently moved to Astoria and would love to know good quality LFS, particularly that I could easily reach from the N, Q, or R. So anywhere in Manhattan or Queens would be great. Somewhere that sells good plants is recommended.

Thanks!

welcome to the neighborhood... im in Bayside, Queens.... i dont know of anything in Astoria... i normally take a ride out to Carle Place in Nassau to go to Aquarium Adventure... its worth the ride if you can get there...

welcome to the neighborhood... im in Bayside, Queens.... i dont know of anything in Astoria... i normally take a ride out to Carle Place in Nassau to go to Aquarium Adventure... its worth the ride if you can get there...

Yeah when I lived on LI I actually went there once. Place was spectacular, but I remember their prices were steep. I drive to school at Queens College everyday, so I'd prefer to take the subway somewhere...so sick of driving, lol.

Marconis said:
Anyone else?

Pacific Aquarium on Delancey St just north of Chinatown
Cheap dumplings places a few blocks south to assist in after shopping budget repair
Close to F, M, J, Z

have you tried new world aquarium on e 38th and 2nd ave? (I think). should be a train ride a way from astoria. decent selection. i found some dwarf corys there that i am interested in getting. i really want the pygmies but they are hard to find.

Yeah! My brother found that place. I got three bunches of Rotala there. Nice place.

frrok said:
have you tried new world aquarium on e 38th and 2nd ave? (I think). should be a train ride a way from astoria. decent selection. i found some dwarf corys there that i am interested in getting. i really want the pygmies but they are hard to find.

Buyer beware
Your mileage may vary but we have found that they knowingly sell diseased fish
When the fish was brought back the staff recognized it as a prior return and it went right back into the tank to be sold to the next unsuspecting customer
Although not convenient to Astoria, Fauna on W 87 St just west of B'way seems to be a better place to shop

Buyer beware
Your mileage may vary but we have found that they knowingly sell diseased fish
When the fish was brought back the staff recognized it as a prior return and it went right back into the tank to be sold to the next unsuspecting customer
Although not convenient to Astoria, Fauna on W 87 St just west of B'way seems to be a better place to shop

My girlfriend and I purchased our dart frog there in July. Gorgeous place. I vaguely remember the fish section downstairs, but if I recall, everything was very well kept. The staff was very kind and knowledgeable. I haven't gone back since it's a bit out of the way, but I may check it out again some time soon.

Marconis said:
My girlfriend and I purchased our dart frog there in July. Gorgeous place. I vaguely remember the fish section downstairs, but if I recall, everything was very well kept. The staff was very kind and knowledgeable. I haven't gone back since it's a bit out of the way, but I may check it out again some time soon.

Large tanks and not crowded
Mostly marine
Not a lot of live plants
Lots of staff
And the rooster walking around the first floor

Thanks for the heads up on new world. I'll check out fauna. Looking for those dwarf cories for my new 10g.

frrok said:
Thanks for the heads up on new world. I'll check out fauna. Looking for those dwarf cories for my new 10g.

Fauna was light on scavengers this past weekend
There was a school of Albino Corydoras and one Plecoptera that I remember
I didn't think to ask what day they get livestock in

have any of you guys been to that aquarium adventure place in LI? i saw a post on google that it was closed. anyone know if thats true?

I went there several years ago. Closed? Doubtful, that place had a huge customer base. Beautiful tanks, but overpriced.

Could be closed, I'm not sure.

Aquarium Adventure is closed, they went out of business awhile ago. I found another place a bit further down the road called Aquarium Village. They also have a place in Brooklyn. They have a pretty decent collection of exotics. They just opened. Also Pet Warehouse, they are in the same building as Aquarium Adventure. They have quite a selection

So Pet Warehouse is open now in carle Place... i have to get over there to check it out. i was a loyal customer of Aquarium Adventure... high prices and all. I miss that place. and i was not impressed with the other Pet Warehouse locations..

Where is Aquarium Village?

Back
Top Bottom