question about a sand sifting star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 45 gallon tank with a 8 inch snowflake eel, toby puffer fish and a golden maroon clownfish, my question is if i put a sand sifting star in here would any of these fish be a problem to it, the puffer being my main concern because ive read that they arnet compatible but the toby puffer isnt your regular puffer fish so i wanted to see if he would be an exception

Jarrett said:
i have a 45 gallon tank with a 8 inch snowflake eel, toby puffer fish and a golden maroon clownfish, my question is if i put a sand sifting star in here would any of these fish be a problem to it, the puffer being my main concern because ive read that they arnet compatible but the toby puffer isnt your regular puffer fish so i wanted to see if he would be an exception

I keep a puffer with sand sifting star and there sound

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Any reason you want to get a sand sifting star? A 45 is probably not big enough to keep them feed unless you have a really deep sandbed. Sand sifters have a bad habit of wiping though the whole sand bed and then running out of food. Most of them eventually just end up fading away.

Back
Top Bottom