Question about Aquacare Medication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labrakitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am using an Aquacare medication for some cardinal tetras with white spot. This is the website: http://aquacare.com.my/products.htm
the medication I am using is the number 2-external parasites.

Will this kill the bacteria? Or is it safe to use on my main tank? Thanks!

Can't click on it to get the ingredients, but my guess is no. Generally, antibiotics are what kills bacteria. Some anti-parasite meds contain antibiotics though, so if you can list the active ingredients, that would help.

It doesn't say list the ingredients on the packet or even the active ingredient. I think I just won't use it on the main tankb ecause the only fish affected are in the hospital tank.

White spot is not really a bacteria, it is a parasite. It is Ichthyophthirius multifilis or Ich.

The very best treatment for Ich in FW fish is high heat, water changes and possibly some salt.

I suggest reading the Ich sticky at the top of the forum. Crank the heat in the tank up to about 88-90 degrees for a few weeks (slowly). This will speed up the ich life cycle, and the high temps will kill the parasite.

Antibiotics do not work for ich.

I 2nd MyCatsDrool! Heat and only heat treatment!

Salt and meds for some fish like catfish and loaches can even be almost certain death.

Back
Top Bottom