Question about Argentus Mono….

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M Riley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings, I'm looking for info on Argentus Mono fish. I know they are Brackish fish, and as they get older they should be moved to a saltwater environment. I know they require large tanks, however I've also heard. Some Monos' are breed for fresh water aquariums. How true is that fact and how long do they live in a fresh water environment? I've seen a few at a local pet store they look nice. A friend of mine brought 3, they seemed to change color to a grey/black when they were introduced to the new tank. Hours later 2 changed color, back to silver and one was still grey black. What might of caused this?

I kept mono sebae for a while, which are the silver and black ones (mono argentus are silver and yellow I believe), and they were good fish. Kinda like angelfish, but more aggressive. I did transition them to brackish, and wouldn't try them in freshwater long term, I don't know how that'd work out.

They were also not good community fish, they were very nippy with small schoolers, so they'd probably work with some larger fish but not small ones.

Back
Top Bottom