Question about Frog Sheddings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know that ADF's shed and whatnot but is it best to remove them from the tank if I find them or just leave them in there, if it won't do much harm?

Wouldn't shed be toxic in the water eventually? I actually wonder the same thing. I am guessing you should remove them when you see them.

Most are pretty quickly eaten by the frogs or a fish tankmate....I would not worry much about them, as they are not nearly enough to affect water chemistry in a tank over 5 gallons.

My ADF's shed and they eat the sheddings. Never had a problem with it. When I feed with bloodworms I use a turkey baster to put the bloodworms in front of their faces. They can't see very well and the other fish would eat all the bloodworms before the ADF's got them. They go crazy swimming around after they eat. They are so cute to watch.

Zac, they look like little ghosts of the frogs swaying in the water lol They're semi-clear and you can actually see all the parts of the frog pretty well... I luff da little feet on the sheddings ^^;

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom