Question about L-144 Blue eyed ancuistrus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tulip55555

Aquarium Advice Freak
Helloooo.
I bought a blue eyed lemon (L-144) at my LFS. Some in the tank at the store had one or two black spots on them in various places on their bodies. The one I bought 3 weeks ago did not seem to have one, but it has started to develop one over it's gill area. It seems absolutely normal and healthy, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and if it's a normal thing or if I should be worried that there is some sort of problem.

Thanks

any pics? How big are the spots..............well, the babies at my LFS don't have any...............how big are they?

the fish itself is only about 1.5 inches long. the spot is a good 1/4 x 1/8 inches. I can't get a pic. I did look through a magnifying glass and the tissue and gill looks fine.

I recall reading a thread on a different forum about it and the consensus was that it was normal. I have no personal experience with them, however. Best of luck either way, though.

Thanks :) I can't find anything about it. I am convinced that it can't be anything bad....the fish is acting perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom