Question about my clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishys

Aquarium Advice Activist
First off are my clowns full grown? I thought they got bigger but now I am starting to second guess myself.

They have been acting unusual, so I did some research and they seem to be mating or trying to. But I thought they were still babies themselves. Any help would be great! Thank you!

The lights have been off for a few hours and turned the lights on to take the pictures which is why the anemone and Kenya tree are "sleeping" as my daughter calls it :)

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• image-2052705229.jpg
    image-2052705229.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-4188395693.jpg
    image-4188395693.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1457977679.jpg
    image-1457977679.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 89
The are "twitching" swimming very close to the slanted rock/anemone. Fanning and picking at the rock. When I open the tank the come to the top to eat but if we stick our hands in the tank they go right back to their spot. I will try to get a video of it but it may not be until tomorrow :)

Yup they are mating and cleaning off a place on a rock to lay their eggs :D they dont have to be full grown to spawn, yours dont look full grown but one is bigger then the other.

Thank you! How long after Rey start doing this do they lay the eggs? I better start preparing a tank :)

Back
Top Bottom