Question about tank placement on a stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys.

I'm downgrading my reef from a 45 tall to a 20 gal. I have a perfect (almost) stand for the tank but the tank hangs off the side about 1/4 inch on the left and right.

My thinking is that this will be okay so long as I don't put much pressure on the sides of the tank, but I'm not positive.

What do you guys think? Will the 1/4 inch on each side be okay or is it too risky?

Thanks!

I'd say that is close and could potentially shift. Can you make a larger base with 2x4s and set the tank on that or even add a piece of plywood on the top?

I need something that I can manage with bottled or transported water, since my tap is so horrible and an RO unit runs my well dry.

Plus, I still can't get rid of that algae that is so bad I'm embarassed to even post a picture so I want to just start from scratch with new everything and QT my liverock to get rid of all the red algae.

Good choice on the buying the stand better safe than sorry. I currently am using store bought water in my 75 gallon. The initally fill up wasn't fun but not too bad. I have 3, 5 gallon jugs. Costs 2.49 cents a refil. I will be adding a reverse osmosis unit at some point.

Back
Top Bottom