Question about transfering a tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got my favorite fishes (Kribensis :p ) so i had to do some housecleaning and my only option was to rebuild my 10 gal, anyways i used new substrate and new rock decor, but transfered 80% established water, established bio-filter and established fake plants. What are the chances of me having a cycle in the tank.

I think it depends on how many fish you put in there at a time. I used media in my 75G, and only put 2 fish in there, and never had a cycle.

Right now ive only put a female betta, mainly because thats all i could catch. Ill try again on wed when i have more time, i think it should be fine by then.

what more are you going to move in there? bacteria colony only grows to the amount of food they have "fish waste, extra food" so if you are going to add a bunch more fish in there it might cycle. really there isnt a yes or no for these kind of answers. next time you dont have to move the water just some old media or decor.

Actually I was thinking about bringing my 4 white skirts over and then possibly my krib fry to be sold to the lfs. But we shall see. I used the water just cuz it was the same water the betta was in, but I think it's gonna be fine
since I used the established bio-filter and a couple fake plants.

Back
Top Bottom