question on planted tank filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aldersweaty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
To start off I had a bad case of BBA and don't want to deal with it again, set me backa couple weeks .. I noticed water movement is lacking in the tank so here is where my question comes to play I was wondering if I should use a internal filter rated at 400+ gph in the center back area blowing water towards the front or 2 internals rated at 160 gph one on each corner (right/left) with spray bars

Tank specs 26 bowfront currently running a emperor power filter which I'm not excited about that gasses most of my co2 :/

Thanks for any advice

The internal filter would probably be super conspicuous in the back. That's my main concern with your setup. You could get a smaller powerhead like a Koralia nano that would be a little more incognito.

So I take it from your post that you're injecting CO2?

I wouldn't mind the look of internals so much from what I've been through but have definitely seen a problem with that.. money is unfortunately a factor but I tend to save enough in manageable time periods... another factor being is I want to get rid of the emperor so would the powerheads suffice for filtration?

Yes I run diy co2 consistently with daily doses of excel

Back
Top Bottom