Question regarding securing tank lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KzW

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 70 gal tall freshwater tank with a Cascade 600.

The tubing for the Cascade, and the tank heater, does not allow the tank lid to fit securely down.

- any ideas on how I can do this?

Thank you for your suggestions!!

-K

Would doing something like this work? I cut the lid so the tubing could go into the tank, then got an electrical project box, cut the back out of that also, and glued it over the hole in the lid.20210101_161008.jpg

Clever! Well...am the new owner of little potential "tank jumpers"...so need to make sure they have no small exit points.

I have a tool I used to put holes in garden buckets so water could get thru...might be big enough for the tubing...did not know if it would just crack the hard plastic...?

Its a slot cut in the lid not a hole, and i did it with a hacksaw. Didnt fancy trying to thread tubing and cabling through a hole.

Had that for 2 years and nothing has jumped or crawled out. There is maybe 3 to 5mm tolerence around the tubing to the slot i cut. Not a very neat job if inspected closely, but serves a purpose and the project box tidies everything up and hides my poor workmanship.

Hah! There yah go! Good idea, thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom