Questions about LED-full spectum light for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akraini5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help, I am not new to fish tanks, but new to planted tanks. I was wondering if this light I have will be good for a med. to heavily planted tank? "Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium" it does have a full spectrum setting. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMFFMS6/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My tank is currently in the cycling phase and I plan on getting plants this week, all of the plants are stated to need moderate to high lighting.

whats the size of the aquarium? im reading reviews from amazon that on a standard 20 gallon, its good for low light plants.

Tank size:

The tank is a 30 gal. (30 in. long, 19 in. high, 12 in. wide.) With the substrate on the bottom ( gravel, slate ect) I would say about 16-17 in. from the light to the substrate.

You'll need more power for high light plants.. If you're really set in high light plants check out a bml or 2 fugeray planted plus..

I should also add that when this light is on the full spectrum setting there is no shaded/ dark spots in the tank.....

Back
Top Bottom