Questions on my first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soupcan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody!
as with most people, i am going to try to keep this project as cheap as possible so i am going to reuse my old 10 gallon tank and turn it into a saltwater tank. I already have a filter, heater, an incandescent hood that will have 2x corallife mini compact 50/50 20 watt bulbs, and a powerhead. What could i do with it? Do I need anything else? Is the lighting enough for soft corals or am i stuck with a FOWLR tank? Also, the hood has a splash guard over the light bulbs so does that mean i won't have to worry about any salt getting up there and corroding things or do i have to seal it with acrylic?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate all your help!!

You won't be able to keep any corals with your tank. You also already have a biological filtration with the HOB filter, so no need for live rocks unless you want it for aesthetic purposes.

Measure the SG everyday and top off as needed. Here are some nano fish you can consider Nano Fish

Thanks for the reply! You cleared some things up and now i know what i can do! Thanks!!

U can absolutely have some soft corals but may need better light the thing is that the larger the tank the easier it is to maintain

Back
Top Bottom