Quick dumb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChaosTropicals

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay well we all know how important water changes are, my question is should i be putting the "aqua safe" stuff in everytime i add water or no? i do sometimes then sometimes i dont.

I know more than a few people who don't use it even for 50% changes, and have been doing it for 30 years with no ill effects. I only started using dechlor a few years ago when I got a cheap lifetime supply of sodium thiosulphite crystals.
Better safe than sorry. There are reasons other than the immediate toxicity of the chlorine to use dechlor. Chlorine produces some rather noxious substances when it oxidizes organics. Not having these in the tank is better.

Treating Tap Water

Hello Cha...

Seachem's "Safe" is a better water treatment. And yes, you should use it to remove the chemicals the public water people put into the tap water to make it safe to drink. Chlorine and chloramine specifically are toxic to aquarium fish. Just treat according to the instructions.

B

Back
Top Bottom