quick help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperGirl117

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a used 5 gallon and getting a used 55 gallon tomorrow. The 55 won't be up for atleast 2 months since we are moving but how do I clean the tank?

Vinegar and water, water, salt and water? And if I use salt does it have to aquarium salt or can I use household salt?

If its dry then vinegar and warm water will be fine. A razor blade will help with hard water stains. If its been running and still wet, diseases could be present. Use a bleach solution to clean. 1 part unscented bleach to 9 parts water. Rinse well and let completely dry out to evaporate bleach or rinse in 3x prime dosed water to neutralize.

See if a water and vinegar solution will do the trick. Salt wouldn't help in the cleaning process. In fact, it would likely leave mineral deposits behind.

It's dry and the vinegar solution worked wonders. I am going to rinse it out with water and then let it dry and smell it. With my sons humidifier I had to rinse it till it stopped smelling like vinegar and I am assuming that would be good then rinse with prime once since I didn't use bleach. But like they say better safe then sorry. Sound good?

A super rinsing sounds good. Prime isn't going to do anything about residual vinegar, but if it gives you peace of mind.... It's not going to hurt anything.

Lol. True. If it's not needed it isn't going to happen. Kids are patiently waiting for dinner

Back
Top Bottom