Quick Question about ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first off there are only two cures for ich and they are copper or hypo. there are not hundreds of cures. second stress does not cause ich, ich has to be present for a fish to get it and healthy fish can also get it. Third it doesn't matter if you have a reef tank or not because you should't be treating any dt with either hypo or copper.fourth I don't know what your fish had but I don't know how raising the temp and turning off the lights cured your fish. Also garlic will not cure ich either it just helps with there immune. Aquarium Fish: News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans: Part One of Five — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog read this

Slow down tonedogz, first off what I meant was people have a all kinds of ways they say they got rid of Ich. Second a stressed fish can be a sick fish making it more susceptible to Ich, I didn't say just because a fish is stressed Ich arrives by divine intervention, Ich can be in a tank caried by something you put in it. Third I didn't say a healthy fish couldn't get it, I said they have a better chance to fight it off if they do get it. Fourth I didn't say you had to treat the DT, if you do, which I wouldn't recommend, make sure you don't have what I listed. People have treated DT before. Fifth, I didn't say I cured the Ich in my tank by doing those things. I was able to bring the health of my fish up by causing less stress. My tank was a bit cold, less time with the lights on and garlic in the food to boost the immune system, it is an anti-parasitic. Stress was reduced, fish became healthier and Ich was off fish. I am sure the Ich is still in my tank, just not on my fish anymore.

So make sure you read the post thouroughly and undestand it before you blast someone. I didn't say anything that wasn't true, just general info and what I was able to do to get the Ich off my fish.

Well mad I didn't think I was blasting you. I just wanted to make sure the guy under stood the facts. And you did say stress cause the ich and you also made it sound like what you did cured your fish, maybe it did but I'd have to say that was probable a rarity.No hard feelings I hope just trying to help sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom