Quick question re: water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoxieGrrrl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to do a PWC but don't know if I should vacuum the gravel yet. Ammonia=<.1ppm, nitrite=0ppm and nitrate=>5ppm pretty steadily for the past few days. Also concerned about sucking up any of the babies, but I assume if they are fast enough to avoid the larger fish they will be fast/strong enough to avoid the python vacuum.

Thoughts?

You dont vacume when ever you do a water change? Sorry, I guess im stupid cause im a newb.

Everytime I do a water change I vacume everything I can reach. I aso do about a 35% water change which is more than they say I know. However I dont do it except every few weeks.

I am a bad fish daddy I guess. :cry:

Well, I have a new tank, so I didn't know if I should vacuum or let the substrate settle a little more.

Seems to me that if the system you've got is working for your tank, nothing really wrong with it :)

You will have to watch the babies. They are curious and will often follow the vac, trying to get at the things inside. I would reccomend vacing into a light colored bucket so you can see any that go for a ride. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom