Quick question, running out of time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainMako

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,
Normally I would want to keep everything contained in my cycling journal, but I just need fast answers because I have very little time this morning.

I tested my tank and here are my readings:

Ammonia: Between 0.25 and 0.50 ppm
Nitrites: 0.00 ppm
Nitrates: Around 5.0 ppm

I'm doing fish-in cycling in a 29 gallon tank, attempting to keep the fish healthy, so obviously I need a PWC for the ammonia levels. But I don't have the time for that this instant.
I have API ammo-lock and Prime. I don't really want to start on ammo lock because I am already medicating the tank.
Prime detoxifies ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, in theory I should just be able to add some and it will resolve my problem until I am able to do a water change later. Can I do this?

Hey all,
Normally I would want to keep everything contained in my cycling journal, but I just need fast answers because I have very little time this morning.

I tested my tank and here are my readings:

Ammonia: Between 0.25 and 0.50 ppm
Nitrites: 0.00 ppm
Nitrates: Around 5.0 ppm

I'm doing fish-in cycling in a 29 gallon tank, attempting to keep the fish healthy, so obviously I need a PWC for the ammonia levels. But I don't have the time for that this instant.
I have API ammo-lock and Prime. I don't really want to start on ammo lock because I am already medicating the tank.
Prime detoxifies ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, in theory I should just be able to add some and it will resolve my problem until I am able to do a water change later. Can I do this?

Yep, prime can be used 2x and even 5x on rare occasions. It'll detox the ammo, but don't both testing because it'll still show up as a false positive.

Apparently the bacteria can still use the detoxified ammo so it (ammo lock) should not hurt your cycle, though I have never used it.

Thanks a bunch. I will put some Prime in and then do a water change when I get home. I'm medicating with Pimafix and Melafix right now, so after I dose those I will wait a while and test again.

I just don't want to start on the Ammo-lock, because it has its own regiment and I only need to use it once.

Thanks a bunch. I will put some Prime in and then do a water change when I get home. I'm medicating with Pimafix and Melafix right now, so after I dose those I will wait a while and test again.

I just don't want to start on the Ammo-lock, because it has its own regiment and I only need to use it once.

I'd take a gallon of water from the tank, dose and stir it good and then pour it back in.

Back
Top Bottom