Quiet HOB Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criketss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just purchased 2 Marineland 400 Filters and one Penguin 280. I had used them maybe 10 years ago and they worked without any problems for 10 years. The new filters seem to be made cheaply, with the boxes being thinner, they bow out, but more importantly, they hum with a low buzz that seems louder the farther away you get. After many attempts to make adjustments, its clear that this is the way they are made. Has anyone found a quality HOB filter that is quiet?

Aquaclear series. Also the Fluval C4. I have tanks in my bedroom and with water top offs to prevent splashing these filters are awesome.

I trashed my Marineland penguins because of the noise and the impeller kept messing up.

Caleb

I have bought two 350B's since the beginning of the year and I have yet to have any of the problems I've seen others having recently. Is it noise from the motor or is it noise from it vibrating? I usually fold a napkin with thin sponge inside and place between the tank trim and HOB to buffer any vibration. My Marinelands aren't loud at all

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have bought two 350B's since the beginning of the year and I have yet to have any of the problems I've seen others having recently. Is it noise from the motor or is it noise from it vibrating? I usually fold a napkin with thin sponge inside and place between the tank trim and HOB to buffer any vibration. My Marinelands aren't loud at all

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine was the connection between the impeller and the motor, it would constantly slip creating this loud screeching noise. It was in my bedroom. I didn't want to kill my cycle so I left it running... For 3 days... Till the new filter got there and I switched it with an established filter. I had to wear ear plugs to bed it was so loud.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom