Rainbow fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKeeprWanaBe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey i wanna start a rainbow fish tank and have a pretty decent sized school of red or boesemans rainbow fish, maybe 25-30 total. Does anyone have an idea about what the dimensions of the the tank should be and what setup i should have; filtration, lighting, heating the whole shabang. Any advice would be very appreciated

IMO, That many Rainbow fish should be kept in at the very least a 4 ft. 90 gal. Or better In a 5 ft. 120. Filtration, two Aqua Clear 110's. Heating, an appropriate sized, Eheim Jagger. As for lighting, it depends if you want a planted tank, or fish only. A quality name brand LED fixture.

There are small rainbow fish but Boesmani get big. I've got a half dozen in a 90 gallon tank and that's plenty. Twenty-five to 30 would require a 200 gallon tank when they are full grown. A planted tank would be nice and for a large tank, I'd definitely consider a wet/dry filter (sump). And LED for lighting as V227 suggested. 75-80 degrees is fine.

I also agree I have some rainbows that are going to my 75 and I think in a community 6-8 would be close to ideal in a 90.

Back
Top Bottom