Rainbow Shark and other fishies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I havent posted for sometime, I have been pretty busy.

I went to the LFS the other day and did some shopping. 1 LG Rainbow shark, 2 Clown Loaches (trying this again) and a mystery catfish. It was in with a shipment of Ghost Shrimp. They had no idea what it was. Through the help of planetcatfish.com I believe I have a Spotted Bullhead. He is only like 1" so it is hard to be 100% sure! He is tiny! He is in the 10gl with the Betta and doing well in there with him, he is to small for the 55gl he would be eaten.

My Rainbow shark... she is so cool!!! She is 6" and I am glad I went with this type of FW Shark. She is calm and I worried about her picking on my tetra but she does well in there with them. She hides in the fake plants and naps in there. So cute. These fish are funny to watch!

Good luck with your new additions!

Be glad the spotted bullhead gets only 11" long - not quite as big as other bullheads. :mrgreen:

I always love to hear when people buy their first rainbow shark or red tail shark lol. They are beautiful fish! you can expect soem aggression evenentully, in my case its not that much, every know and then my red tail shark just chases my tiger barbs. I think they are wonderful additions to an aquarium.

Here is the spotted bullhead (crossing my fingers that ID stays true!) because 11" is realistic to keep! lol I dont have pics of the others yet, coming soon! Bullhead is hard to take pics of, I even took the guy out of water to get as best of pics as I could for ID but he is so small :(

img_816986_0_8406a192eb291e14c6fae4e6cb1f72bf.jpg

img_816986_1_a53d071e423a37e794a517d7d0823606.jpg

img_816986_2_c37b15c904ff015514ed1059d740ec65.jpg

img_816986_3_878c846ebf438de0877eb527424416a3.jpg

I liked my rainbow a lot but as someone mentioned it will likely get more aggressive. For instance mine was a bit of a bully and harassed my striped raphael catfish whenever it came out to.

But they are a very nice looking fish. In my experience I would suggest getting it a little cave or place to call it's own.

Back
Top Bottom