Raising PH and Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I noticed many of my corals not doing so hot, after checking my parameters I have noticed the my ph is 7.8 and calcium is 340. I took RO water and mixed ph buffer (roughly 5 grams) as the directions stated and added calcium per the directions. I mixed the water and let it sit for An hour before dumping into my tank. The entire tank is now white an clowdy. I know it will clear but wondering if this is not ideal for the fish or coral. I would have thought the water would have remained clear. Anyway I have my skimmer going , and understand that this will reduce effectiveness of the buffers but am not worried I'll just add more if need be , skimmer is valuable in sustaining my tank. What are your thoughts?

how is the surface agitation in your tank? in many cases just pointing a powerhead towards the surface is enough to raise the ph.

i would not add anything like you did. everything needs to be gradual, and when you add calcium, it effects your alk. have you checked your alk?

what salt mix are you using?

Back
Top Bottom