RAOK????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am curious to know if anyone do RAOK on this site? I wish I had some items to do it with (i'm to new right now) because it definitely can draw more people in and make them feel at home. I registered with another site and I keep entering in RAOK drawings and have been winning....its really cool:cool:

Random acts of kindness. :)

I don't think we have a specific section for them here in the forum, but that doesn't mean no one can do them.

Personally, IME, I think we need it too because I been on here for roughly 5 months and never came across anything close to it and I when I decided to register on the other one, same day, I kept seeing those acronyms so I finally clicked on the thread to see what it was and wow that's when I learned about it...so I really like that idea....imo its actually fun too....

@Brennae by all means I am not saying its not ever done on here but I did not have to hunt it down. Many were doing RAOK that it kept popping up and I was browsing it as I do this site. So eventually I was curious and wondered why I didn't see it here first since I been a member on here for some months...

We already have one... it's called Classifieds. If it says 'free', then it's the exact same thing without the corny acronym

First if that acronym is corny then all the acronyms are corny ....no one acronym is better used than the other...IMO
IMO...the difference I see is they make it fun, such as a drawing, being a newbie to the site, etc.....not just an ad.....that's all i'm saying here..... irregardless of how "corny" it maybe to others it won't be "corny" to all......just thought it would be nice for it to stand out like a soar thumb on the site I really like....so excuse me for thinking out loud!!

First if that acronym is corny then all the acronyms are corny ....no one acronym is better used than the other...IMO
IMO...the difference I see is they make it fun, such as a drawing, being a newbie to the site, etc.....not just an ad.....that's all i'm saying here..... irregardless of how "corny" it maybe to others it won't be "corny" to all......just thought it would be nice for it to stand out like a soar thumb on the site I really like....so excuse me for thinking out loud!!

It would be a great thing, especially for newbies. In general, people come here when they got bad info from the pet store and need help. I just posted on a thread like that a little bit ago. It would help them feel more encouraged after the shock of info. If you truly think the name "Random Acts of Kindness" is too corny for such a topic, I'm sure we could look into prettier names for it.

People give things away all the time in the classifieds, free is free. Not that many people are giving things away.

I will give away a raok, Java/mixed Moss, not 1 but 2 portions and one bunch of Dwarf Valls or Sags. I am not sure, but I will find out!!!, .

I will post it now, in the classifieds.

People give things away all the time in the classifieds, free is free. Not that many people are giving things away.

I will give away a raok, Java/mixed Moss, not 1 but 2 portions and one bunch of Dwarf Valls or Sags. I am not sure, but I will find out!!!, .

I will post it now, in the classifieds.

Yes, free is free, I was simply talking about how its "done"...fun...and it kept popping up in new posts I didnt have to go to an area looking for it.....IMO its also an ice breaker for new people or people that may feel timid to the hobby but really want to learn the right way.....I do appreciate how you responded nicely and not sarcastically..its truly uncalled for....I just don't get the rudeness...if AA has it... all it takes is for someone to KINDLY direct me where its located...but that's just to easy...anywho....

Yes, free is free, I was simply talking about how its "done"...fun...and it kept popping up in new posts I didnt have to go to an area looking for it.....IMO its also an ice breaker for new people or people that may feel timid to the hobby but really want to learn the right way.....I do appreciate how you responded nicely and not sarcastically..its truly uncalled for....I just don't get the rudeness...if AA has it... all it takes is for someone to KINDLY direct me where its located...but that's just to easy...anywho....

Posted ROAK in classifieds btw!

Sorry bumped the wrong button

Mfdrookie516 wasn't trying to be sarcastic, merely stating the obvious I believe.
I see where the o.p. is coming from though, it could spice things up a bit. Alot of members I'm sure are on fixed incomes or strapped for cash and could benefit from something like you've mentioned.
Recently I had a fellow member offer me some free items for just the postage costs and it really made me feel good about being a part of this forum. It's just reassuring to know there's still people out there that are truly kindhearted and giving.

I don't think we will probably add an entire section for it, but I would encourage anyone to start RAOK threads when they would like to.

Personally, in my many years on the site, I have sent and received many, many things for the cost of postage from and to many, many different members. However, if a member wants to add a fun or gimmicky dynamic to it, that is fine too.

We also have a Contests subforum here at AA, and there is currently a RAOK picture contest thread setup by one of our members going on there right now, in addition to the AA sanctioned POTM contests, some of which offer prizes.

And, as rook pointed out, we also offer a free classifieds sections for members with more than 15 posts/15 days on the site where free items can be listed.

Back
Top Bottom