Rattling AC70??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had this filter for about 5 months now and everything has been great. It's not as quiet as I've heard it should be, although I don't have anything to compare it to, just what I've read from other folks that have them. Anyway, I took it apart 2 days ago to do regular cleaning and now it has a most annoying rattle. It definately sounds like the casing, not the motor, but I can't get it to stop. I took it apart again yesterday just to make sure I put everything back in right, and it was quiet for a while, but then the rattling started again. My tank is in my bedroom and this is driving me crazy. I've always heard that AC's were silent...so far my marineland is much quieter, even before the rattling started. The top can make extra noise, but this is something else thats wrong. Any advice?

Last night I started messing with the filter again because I was determined to find out what was causing the rattling, and sure enough, when I readjusted the media basket the rattling stopped. So, it was my fault:facepalm:. I should have known. I've already ordered another one..so I guess I'll have to get another tank to put it on:D.

No Sound for me is a must. If you think its going to be a problem do what's right and get something else.

Most motors make noise. The one that will never make noise at night for you or the fish are pumps like fluval types, and fan type for water movement that you see a lots in reef.

Back
Top Bottom